Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hello from Salvador, Bahia!

DSC08525Camillo with his first (this visit) caiprinha in Salvador
 
I promise - if I can make it through this week following my old (er than me) husband around as he 'works' the Brazilian Geophysical Society Convention in Salvador, Bahia - then I PROMISE I will take it easy for a month, take eating easy for a month, and stay home in Friburgo for a month - unless we have to go to Rio, of course.
 
I hope to have a few photos for you as I walk the city while Camillo works. I will have to take my small Sony because taking the Nikon out while alone is like wearing a sign that says 'take me I am a stupid tourist'.  Today we drove with friends to Cachoeira e São Félix about 120 km from Salvador. These little towns are supposed to be in the process of being preserved, but I could only imagine the millions that would be needed to put them into 'bring tourists flocking' condition.
 
 
 
 
 
A few photos to show the work that needs to be done and the potential these towns have.
DSC08543DSC08541DSC08530   DSC08547  
DSC_6731
DSC_6769
 
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Very cool pictures! Love the gate especially, but I can see the potential of the buildings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esta caipirinha parece boa mesmo !
    Me parece que o Estado já começou a reformar algumas casa nestas cidades.
    Porém, a reforma do Pelourinho ele ainda não terminou.
    Um dia acaba.
    Rss...
    Bom passeio !

    Saudações,
    Roberto Simon

    BAHIA PRECIOSA

    RUA ORDEM TERCEIRA Nº 9 (ANTIGA RUA INÁCIO ACIOLLY).
    PELOURINHO - SALVADOR - BAHIA - BRAZIL
    CEP: 40026-260

    FONE: 55 - 71 - 3242-5218
    CELULAR: 55 - 71 - 8604-8491
    BLOG:http://bahiapreciosa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ironwork is definitely worth saving. The last building is pretty. Some building here in the Southern USA look like this. I enjoyed the walk :-)

    ReplyDelete