Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Panama City - the buildings

DSC_3127 This orchid is in the home of our friends Joselia and Roberto now living in Panama. Camillo has known Roberto for 25 years or more, Joselia has been our friend since she lived in Houston for 5 years, then in Rio for another 5 - Now that they have moved to Panama I miss her more than you all can imagine. The country of Panama has around 3 million people, Panama City is a bit over 1.5 million. You can't imagine the new buildings sprouting from every inch of shore line on the Pacific side of the Isthmus of Panama. Camillo and I were wondering if the government has a plan for the traffic that will pour from the parking garages of these new residential buildings. Most that are still under construction have already 50% sold..... who are these people with so much money. DSC_3118 DSC_3112
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Day and night a city on the move - upward because they can't go outward. The tide, when out leave the quiet bay a mass of jagged black rock and when in gently rolling waves.DSC_3133DSC_3238

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these pictures. The buildings are amazing but most of all I love that orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't imagine Panama like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing pictures, the buildings are amazing! Not so sure I could live like that. I'm a country girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the night time one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that flower!!! I can always count on a smile when I visit your place.
    Those night shots are amazing GingerV........you really do have talent my friend :)
    Hey, call me when you and hot-bunns get back from your trip okay? Our Skype still isn't working......Prince is having a few issues getting it going and then we stay so busy that he hasn't had much time to trouble shoot of late. I'd love to hear about your trip voice to voice....
    Hope your Mother's Day is filled with love, joy and laughter my lovely friend and.......

    Steady On
    Reggie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all the well wishes. I am still on Rio time so up while everyone else is sleeping.... Reggie girl I will call you from Houston. I go on and camillo will return to Friburgo to babysit Spritzer.
    hugs and kisses from Panama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. So many places, all different. Thanks for taking us there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the juxtaposition of the day shot with the night shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an incredible skyline in the bottom two pictures...doesn't look real...I love it.

    ReplyDelete