Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Thursday, November 08, 2007

The beauty and the beast

Now that we have changed to daylight savings time, it is light until about 7 pm (1900) and I am walking to class at PUC in the evenings. There is one area that is very congested with people waiting for the bus and I did not feel comfortable walking through the area when it is dark so I was taking the Metro bus. When walking, I always see things that catch my interest, entertain me if you will. Rio is now having some type of competition of designer COWS. About 4 years ago we had the same type of show in Houston - they are quite entertaining and thoughtful. This young lady (Carioca girl?) struck a cord with me. It is could say women are superficial or it can say that you can be beautiful even with fat thighs and black spots if you take pride in yourself - you have to think yourself beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rosemary. My name is Luciana and I´m a brazilian girl living in Sweden. I found your blog because I´m in Expat Woman site too. I´m from Piracicaba (São Paulo state), and I lived in Curitiba from 2003 to 2006, and it is a wonderful city.
    I have 2 blogs:
    http://www.lucianaerodrigoemiss.blogspot.com and http://www.nosaquinasuecia.blogspot.com/
    I´ll came back to read your blog with some more time.

    ReplyDelete